Focus question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thump

Reaction score
Hi all, I suspect this may be a dumb question. Can you place a large(65 pounds) oled tv directly on top of the Focus?

Last edited:
I think it could support the weight, but I'd not want to test it. I'm not sure that the size of it would be large enough to fit the stand for the tv. I mounted my big 77 inch OLED on the wall over top of my speaker.
20230426_130902.jpg

Not recommended.
Not stable enough.
The depth of the speaker varies due to the curve front, so the legs of a tv panel would most likely be deeper than the speaker where they would most likely be placed.

And, the speaker sounds better when aimed at the listener, so this means angled up when it's below a tv panel.

Not recommended.
Not stable enough.
The depth of the speaker varies due to the curve front, so the legs of a tv panel would most likely be deeper than the speaker where they would most likely be placed.

And, the speaker sounds better when aimed at the listener, so this means angled up when it's below a tv panel.
Aah, thanks. I figured but figured worth asking.

I think it could support the weight, but I'd not want to test it. I'm not sure that the size of it would be large enough to fit the stand for the tv. I mounted my big 77 inch OLED on the wall over top of my speaker.
View attachment 24400
I hate drilling into the wall but looks like I’ll have to hang the tv or speaker because I can’t afford that floor standing option at 10k.

I hate drilling into the wall but looks like I’ll have to hang the tv or speaker because I can’t afford that floor standing option at 10k.
What I did was real easy. Get a low stand like mine and just place the Focus on top of it. I have some small feet under the speaker to aim it up a bit. The stand though is high enough up that it aims pretty close to our ears when seated.
I just had Best Buy mount the tv on the wall. They have a service they provide and its very affordable, and guaranteed. Any AV place in town will do it for you too, if you already have a tv. I actually had an audio store mount mine to begin with but the tv was defective, and so Best Buy had to bring me a new one and then mounted it on the bracket that was already on the wall. Best Buy would do the whole thing for you though. I could have probably done it on my own, but it makes me nervous. We also have some plumbing and duct work in that wall, so it is kinda scary.

sorry not related to the OP but I just got a C18 and I'm getting hiss if I put my ear right up to the speaker. Is this normal from the folded motion tweeter with nothing playing? I also have a pair of 11As and they're dead silent. Running my LCR with a Parasound Halo A31...switched around the channels and speaker cables with no change. My first experience with the folded motion tweeter so was wondering if I need to chase this rabbit.

Last edited:
Not recommended.
Not stable enough.

Yeah, I'd be more worried for the monitor than the speaker, in terms of ending up with an optimal placement for both. There are lots of other options, depending on your situation. Wall mounts, stands, etc.

sorry not related to the OP but I just got a C18 and I'm getting hiss if I put my ear right up to the speaker. Is this normal from the folded motion tweeter with nothing playing? I also have a pair of 11As and they're dead silent. Running my LCR with a Parasound Halo A31...switched around the channels and speaker cables with no change. My first experience with the folded motion tweeter so was wondering if I need to chase this rabbit.
Mine has never done that. It is silent when no signal is coming in. If its brand new, I would contact ML soon.

The Focus and its amp are both plugged directly into a dedicated, Isolated-Ground, circuit with nothing else on that circuit. No conditioner is used for this.
Unfortunately I also have a dedicated 20A circuit to my room but its definitely noise on it

Unfortunately I also have a dedicated 20A circuit to my room but its definitely noise on it
Something that really helps with limiting extraneous noise from entering the house wiring is the fact that my area (suburb of Chicago) requires metal conduit and boxes for all electrical wiring.

Nope not required in Texas. My Furman Elite 15 PFI arrived yesterday. Hopefully that cleans it up and the speaker isn't bad.
Something that really helps with limiting extraneous noise from entering the house wiring is the fact that my area (suburb of Chicago) requires metal conduit and boxes for all electrical wiring.

Back