First Ticket install.....short "review"-ish

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
Well I just thought I would throw out an initial impression of the Martin Logan Ticket in-wall speakers. We have always been a ML dealer, yet this job was to be the first spec'd with ML in-walls....3 Passages up front and the tickets in rear....well we discovered today that the Passages werent going to work due to stud placement (trying to symmetrically place them around and above a Runco 60" plasma).....so we are moving to some B&W FPM6....which are really really really nice (looking and sounding) in their own right.

So while I am disappointed not to be able to install the Passages, I was very impressed with the Tickets. I havent heard them yet, but they are very nice to work with. Packaged very well and very solidly built. Lots of metal. They are rather classy looking too. We installed white ones, and they really look nice in the wall.

I will post a review later after we tweak the 5.1 system. In the meantime, we had to hook up the 2-ch. system (CLS, Classe/Theta head end and Velodyne 18") to listen while we work. ;)

Gotta love ML.

Audiophiliac,
When you get a chance to hear them, let us know. I for one would be interested to hear how it worked. I visited my local ML dealer a while back, and they had some Passage in walls installed in front, with a Fresco center channel sitting on the stereo cabinet under the 60 inch Elite plasma screen. They had a Dynamo attached to system which was using the new Blu-ray player. It was some beautiful sound that came from those speakers! Very dynamic, punchy, powerful and just plain clear as day.

-capT

I installed a pair of Tickets about a year ago and agree that they were very easy to install (at the time I was finishing a room addition in my home and was at my dealer picking up my Summits when he just received his first pair; so out of curiosity, I decided to try them out).

I just use them for 2 channel background listening, but the sonic qualities certainly compare favorably to a set of Triad's I have in another room - at more than half the cost (and significantly better then the more generic JBL's I have in most of the rooms throughout my home). They fall a little short in the imaging and low-end clarity.

The only downside is because the grills sit outside of the walls/ceilings, they don't blend into the room. So aesthetic positioning is a little bit of a concern if using them for a whole-house audio system.

Michael

Well I finally have time to write this short review. Although the Tickets were used as surround channels, with B&W FPM6 up front, I can still say that they do a superb job. I can only imagine how the Passages would have sounded. Nonetheless, the B&Ws rock the house....they get down with it and boogie. My regular "shakedown" material is "Batalla De Los Tambores" (Battle of the drums) from Godsmack - Changes DVD.....and I usually crank the volume to "00" or the equivalent and let it rip while I tweak the video display....and all I can say is with this system, it was fantastic! Technology has come a long way that we can have small speakers, in-wall, on-wall, whatever....and they still sound great! And the Runco plasmas are beautiful as well.......

So there it is. Nothing major....but I am sure I will get a chance to install the Passages shortly. The owner wont want them collecting dust in the warehouse for too long. :)

Some quick and dirty cell phone images...

5fdda95521d0.jpg

bf7e2b1d216b.jpg

c11636857b92.jpg

Some quick and dirty cell phone images...

5fdda95521d0.jpg

bf7e2b1d216b.jpg

c11636857b92.jpg

I'll have you know I clicked these links with a wild abandon only to find pictures of a really cool ML installation. I thought I was going to see some "dirty cell phone images". Completely different wavelength...

Latest posts

Back