FINALLY!!! - Sub hookup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hey all - I got crazy tonight and decided to try something -- first my setup: (nothing has blown up yet!!) :)

sunfire TGIII (source direct mode)/ sunfire signature cinema grand (5 channel amp in bi-amp)
odysseys + descent
denon 5900 universal player in source direct mode

since I am running source direct - setting up the sub gets tricky... So, I am checking out the back of the pre - and am trying to find another set of stereo variable outputs... NONE.... Can not run a sub this way - unless I re-config my denon 5900 to crossover and send something out the sub output of the denon - then hook up into my 7.1 channel input of the pre.....(which is all ready eaten up by a blu-ray player)....

So, I realize I am bi-amping my sunfire amp (it has 2 rca inputs/channel) by daisy chaining the front and rear (going into the front from the pre for the stats and out from the front channel of the amp nto the rear channel for the woofers)

So, why couldn't I continue that chain - out from the rear channel of the amp into my descent?

I did this and IT WORKED!! I have been noodling this for at least 6 months....

Anyone see any problems with this? I know it is confusing.... but essentially, I have my sub hooked directly to my amp via the rca jacks.....

arghhh!! Can anyone comment on hooking a descent directly to my sunfire signature amp?

I think I have read somewhere that you could do something like this - but am not sure....It appears to be working - but the only way I will find out if it is not is when something goes 'POOF'....

It is how they recommend to 'bi-amp' - by sending the signal from the front channel to the rear... I coudn't quite put my head around that since the 'input' was acting as an 'output' to the other channel...... But, I was very hesitant to hook it up... which is why it has taken me so long to get there....

One of those things - I was just focused on the outputs of the pre-amp - and never thought of this solution - until....I don't know - it just hit me....and it has seriously been 6 months or more!! I feel like a DOLT!!! :)

Latest posts

Back