Fill in the gap!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satch

Reaction score
I had mentioned before that my living room/music room is upstairs, over the garage with standard 24" trusses that create a gap that runs under my whole upstairs apartment. I had standard insulation between floors, but not much. Well, that gap acted like an echo chamber and bass from the Depth i and even the Spires would hit you in the feet and not the gut. Even with a room full of Real Traps this was still going on. That is, until today...

I picked up 40 - 23lb bags of "Green Fiber" Blow In Insulation and the blower was free if you buy 20 bags. Through a few access places I was able to blow in the Green Fiber under my music room and pack it in really good and filled up almost all of the rest of the area between floors.

When I cranked up the stereo, at first I thought the sub was off! But when I gave the Depth i a little juice, the notes from Ray Brown playing his upright bass really snapped and sang!

Well, between that tweak, the UHA modded Tascam BR-20 and the Tape Project Tapes that came in this afternoon... Happy New (Freakin') Year!!! :D

Ray

nice job. you will most likely be warmer too, a win win situation.

Back