Em esl ? ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeratheart

Reaction score
So what am I missing? In the info on the ML website, there are pictures of the new EM stat. There is no power cord terminal in the pictures anywhere. I guess I have no knowledge other than the rest of the MLs. They all require outlet power. Why don't these? Or am I just dumb?

:confused:

So what am I missing? In the info on the ML website, there are pictures of the new EM stat. There is no power cord terminal in the pictures anywhere. I guess I have no knowledge other than the rest of the MLs. They all require outlet power. Why don't these? Or am I just dumb?

:confused:

Yeah, I had to download the manual to see why that was... turns out this speaker just uses a wall-wart to supply DC to that little round connector just below the speaker terminal.

Yeah, I had to download the manual to see why that was... turns out this speaker just uses a wall-wart to supply DC to that little round connector just below the speaker terminal.

Correct, here's a larger picture of where the power is connected below the terminals. The "dot" below the logo is a blue LED to indicate the power is on.

~J

Attachments

• terminals.jpg
    terminals.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 371
Thanks for the help. I started to download the manual but my PC froze. I'm looking forward to hearing them, but I'm leary because I know I won't be able to afford the McIntosh amps used to demo them on the quick write-ups I've read. But very interesting nonetheless.

Ben:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help. I started to download the manual but my PC froze. I'm looking forward to hearing them, but I'm leary because I know I won't be able to afford the McIntosh amps used to demo them on the quick write-ups I've read. But very interesting nonetheless.

Ben:rolleyes:

You don't need to power these with McIntosh amps, and in fact these are very easy to drive with a good "budget" or "mid-fi" amplifier/receiver and sound fantastic.

~J

I did notice they have an ohm rating that would be easier on amps and receivers. And I'm also quite sure they are going to be better flat out replacing my definitive towers. I have come to terms with my future amp to be around $600 to $700, like an Emotiva, possibly a used sunfire. Used Vista or lucky timing for a pair of Vantages. So this makes things more interesting. If you've seen my name username before, it's because I have been "planning" this for years. Slow but steadily on my way!!

ben

Latest posts

Back