Electromotion ESL shipping box dimensions and weights?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winno

Reaction score
Hi from Australia.

I'm about to purchase some EM-ESL's.
I'll always support my local dealer here in Australia first however, I can't pass up a deal on a used set I've found in the USA.
The trouble is, the seller has said that they'll only ship to the continental US.
I've registered an escrow shipping address some time ago for situations like this and they will forward them to me on behalf of the seller.

The trouble is, I need to know the external dimensions of the shipping boxes and the packed weight of each unopened box so that I can calculate the shipping cost.

Can anyone here help me out with this info so that I can finally have a set of ML's in my home?

Thanks in advance guys,

Steve :D

You're in luck, I just got my EM-ESLs yesterday, each box is 21"x12"x55.5" and I think it's 38 pounds packed.

Steve, are you aware that you need to add on roughly 15% for customs as they will tax you if they find out the speakers are worth over AUD$ 1000 + freight.

Hi from Australia.

I'm about to purchase some EM-ESL's.
I'll always support my local dealer here in Australia first however, I can't pass up a deal on a used set I've found in the USA.
The trouble is, the seller has said that they'll only ship to the continental US.
I've registered an escrow shipping address some time ago for situations like this and they will forward them to me on behalf of the seller.

The trouble is, I need to know the external dimensions of the shipping boxes and the packed weight of each unopened box so that I can calculate the shipping cost.

Can anyone here help me out with this info so that I can finally have a set of ML's in my home?

Thanks in advance guys,

Steve :D

Thanks camflan.

Bzr, I was anticipating that tax would have to be paid. I would still come out on top however, after chatting with the owner of my local ML retailer today, I was left very hopeful that I would be looked after because of degrees of separation being very small indeed.

Incidentally, suggested retail on a pair here is AU$3700 despite the dollar being over parity for a little while now.

Despite this, I'm going to try to raise the extra first to buy locally. Other used deals will be around from time to time if I can't manage it locally.

Last edited:
Thanks camflan.

Bzr, I was anticipating that tax would have to be paid. I would still come out on top however, after chatting with the owner of my local ML retailer today, I was left very hopeful that I would be looked after because of degrees of separation being very small indeed.

Incidentally, suggested retail on a pair here is AU$3700

Is the amount you're saving enough to put you at ease with the fact that the warranty is non-transferable... and should anything be wrong (or go wrong) with the speakers, the repair bill will be decreasing the mass of your wallet?

At any rate, I wish you good luck and happy listening.

When i bought my Summit X's, they were rr AUD$19'990, I paid $14'500, stick to your guns & let your fingers do the walking.

Back