Dynamo vs Depth

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjcarr

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has experience with both. I owned a depth for a while, but decided to sell it (original version Depth), which was a mistake. I went with a DT Supercube, but it's too much of a one-note sub. It will rattle the windows, but doesn't blend well. I found the Dynamo really had a nice sound to it. Wouldn't shake the windows, but sounded great.

I'm curious if the Depth has a similar sound to the Dynamo. I'd love to get the Dynamo sound with just a hair more impact.

Thoughts?

I've owned the original Dynamo and now have a Depth i. The Dynamo was a good performer for the the money but it doesn't compare with the Depth. The Depth i is much faster and keeps up with my Spires. I feel the Depth sounds quite a bit tighter too and less "noticeable". However, it's difficult to compare the two when one costs more than twice the other.

I've owned a Dynamo 1000 for about 8 months now. I was primarily driven by its small size (relative to the Grotto and Depth) and price. With some tweaking and calibration, I've been able to mate it cleanly with my ML Vantages. I've also been able to slightly improve its performance (at least to my ears) by switching to a large gauge power cord and setting it on an isolation platform. Overall, I'm pleased with it.

With all that being said, I would still drop it in a heartbeat if I could get a Depth.

I think the fact that you've already experienced the Depth may limit your ability to enjoy a Dynamo.
You might be able to live with it, but the Dynamo (even at it's best) is no Depth...

Back