Dynamo 1000 Playing Low - Blame the Movers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topofroc

Reaction score
My wife and I recently moved from New Rochelle, NY to the welcoming confines of Somerville, MA. We hired movers who, despite doing an OK job overall, managed to damage our hardwood floors by sliding the (fully spiked) Dynamo 1000 across the living room floor:(.

After setting up the system in MA, I've noticed a nagging lack of bass in my (now 2.1 channel) system. I finally got a chance to investigate tonight and the findings were disturbing.

Connected to an iPod (max volume), with the sub level at max, and using the internal
cross-over set at 120 HZ, the sub's output was barely at conversation level volume. I know that the source is an iPod, but I'm fairly sure that MC Breed & the DFC can achieve more than a high whisper from the Dynamo 1000 with everything turned to 11.

With that in mind, is there something else I should check, or is my Dynamo toast?

I've got about 1 week left to file a claim with the movers, so I need to act quickly if the answer is not a simple fix.

Thanks in advance for the words of wisdom...

Open the subwoofer plate to check for disconnected wires. If the design has pots, chances are they 'turned' during the move reducing the gain of the amp. In this case return the sub to ML.

Back