Drivers in Summits?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind (brand name) of woofers are in the Summits?

As far as I know, they're OEM drivers made to Martin-Logan's specifications. Ditto the woofers in their other speakers and subs. Wilson Audio and many others do the same thing, and it's not easy to find out who is actually making them.

I remember reading they were from some reputable company... I hesitate to say scanspeak or focal... because I know those are usually tweeter/mid woofer manufacturers (or atleast popular for those), but those names are the first ones to pop up for some reason.

Dont remember....

As far as I know, they're OEM drivers made to Martin-Logan's specifications. Ditto the woofers in their other speakers and subs. Wilson Audio and many others do the same thing, and it's not easy to find out who is actually making them.

Most of the companies that have their speakers made for them to their specs have a contract with the maker that they CAN NOT talk about who they make speakers for... I saw it on a TLC program or Discovery...might have been "How Its Made" or something like that. Few companies actually make ALL the parts themself, most usually source from outside so they get the best bang for their buck and then if they need to tweak a design they get that company to do it and then they assemble the raw big bits into fully functional speakers and probably make SOME of the parts in house too...like the ESL panels in our ML speakers...

James,

Yes, I fully understand the process of outsourcing. I was just curious if someone has had there driver out or the electronics out and see if there is any marking of any sorts. That's all!

Anyone have a picture of the unit? I know my OEM speaker manufacturers fairly well.... would love to take a guess ;)

Robin the picture expert...we need your help on this one.;)

I currently have 3 descent woofers that I am planning to make a home sub with.
All brand new, but I was trying to find specs on the woofers to execute the project and I have not been able to find anything. There are some numbers printed on the underside of the woofers, but multiple search engines produce nothing. I even contacted ML direct and simply asked for some basic specs. Very nicely, they refused.

I dont think you are going to get any REAL answers!
Very upsetting to me as well...
Dominick

Latest posts

Back