Does anyone here have Facebook or Myspace?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey_V

Reaction score
I know I'm kinda slow in getting on the bandwagon, but are there any members here who are into facebook or myspace? I was just wondering as it seems everyone who's younger than me by a 2-3 years has one.. apparently I was in undergrad a tad too early before the social-net boom.

facebook for me...perhaps you just didnt get the memo...either that or CA is more fad based than IL since i know of a few 24-26+ year olds with facebook...
and myspace...
middle age and older have been known to use that...which has lead to kinda creepy things, and one reason i dont use myspace (with many other reasons as well). and when i first started facebook, it was specific universities and colleges...now its everyone and their dog...and they are trying to be waaay to much like myspace...and it sucks away your life if you forcefully dont stop it.

but at least facebook isnt neccissarily open to ne one w/o at least creating an "acount" unlike some myspace.

neway back to the point. greg gonzales on the california polytechnic state university network (i think its still that network) if you get so inclined.

~greg

I know I'm kinda slow in getting on the bandwagon, but are there any members here who are into facebook or myspace? I was just wondering as it seems everyone who's younger than me by a 2-3 years has one.. apparently I was in undergrad a tad too early before the social-net boom.

No Facebook account? Well that's official - you've lost your "The Kid" monkier for good!

Yes, I'm on Facebook, but only occasionally. I started a "Martin Logan" group as well, so join that!

Apparently I was one of the only ones at my school without a facebook account.. so I made one yesterday.

Yes... I think it's beginning to take over my life... I post here less and less....

I hadnt given either a thought until about a week ago, when my office computer (normally immune to most junk mail) started receiving a daily barrage of invitations to view various facebook profiles. I dont seem to know any of the senders and without actually joining facebook, I cant view their profile to see who they are (or claim to be). Anyone of this group seeing the same thing?

Tj

I created a MySpace for the soul purpose of staying in touch with my sister. I soon added my daughter as it is easier to get in touch with her there than any other method.

I hadnt given either a thought until about a week ago, when my office computer (normally immune to most junk mail) started receiving a daily barrage of invitations to view various facebook profiles. I dont seem to know any of the senders and without actually joining facebook, I cant view their profile to see who they are (or claim to be). Anyone of this group seeing the same thing?

Tj

Same thing - I deleted about 50 of those junk mail invitations to join before curiosity actually got the better of me.

I registered for a Facebook account a few months ago... never did anything with it. Quite frankly, I just never "got it"...

Same thing - I deleted about 50 of those junk mail invitations to join before curiosity actually got the better of me.

In your case do you know the people that sent you the facebook links? Out of the dozen or more I had been receiving daily, not a one person looked familiar to me. Since I'm not currently active in but a few user groups, I am wondering how/where the email information is being generated.

Call me paranoid, but I am awfully weary of these 'free' internet services like facebook, myspace, birthday/greeting card generators, etc.

Tj

In your case do you know the people that sent you the facebook links? Out of the dozen or more I had been receiving daily, not a one person looked familiar to me. Since I'm not currently active in but a few user groups, I am wondering how/where the email information is being generated.

Call me paranoid, but I am awfully weary of these 'free' internet services like facebook, myspace, birthday/greeting card generators, etc.

Tj

Yeah, I'm VERY wary. But in my case, yes, I knew all the people that sent me the invitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back