digital interface

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac - Apple Lossless via AirTunes or USB into a PS Audio DAC - actually prefer this to the Oppo BD83 into the DAC - better temp and dynamics with redbook CD (go figure)
Looking forward to Mac HiRez 24/96 FLAC solution someday..

Apple and FLAC - that'll be the day! I'd just love to be able to play my FLACs on my iPod - I really wish they'd put FLAC support in and stop unnecessarily holding the progress of technology up! Either that, or if someone else would release a portable player that could actually compete with the iPod - either would suit me, but as for now, I'm stuck with my compromised iPod because the only alternatives are further compromised players!

I wonder if SlimServer is planning to take advantage of USB connectivity? Of course, non of their gear currently has USB. This seems to be a rapidly growing standard due to the popular PC audio market and many new DACs are adopting USB as an input.
TAS has some pretty uncomplimentary stuff to say about USB in their latest issue.

I have an E Sata port on my laptop can I use it to a USB adapter to transfer music to my DAC which has a usb port in and is there any benefit to it over a regular USB cable out of my computer to the DAC

thanks , Larry

Back