Different reciever for ESL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kady

Reaction score
My new mrx 500 just died while I was doing firmware upgrade, now I'm considering swapping it with either sr7007 or denon 3313

I have esl, c2, fx2 on the way

My dealer also got NAD but they seem to be a bit outdated so not sure

Any advice ?

NAD is a very good brand from a cost / performance perspective.

Best scenario. Audition in your own system (option to return) and make a decision.

GG

the NADs in my region are way over priced, probably in a later upgrade I'll get a power amp to drive the ESLs

do you think the Current Feedback Topology that marantz got on the 7007 will be good match with the ESLs?

That is too bad. Anthem is a great brand and has been a sister company to ML for the last couple of years. In terms of amplifier section, IMHO,the MRX 500 is better than either of the other models you have mentioned. I would have it exchanged or fixed assumuing you still have warranty coverage.

I have the same setup,I have an Onkyo 818 and wouldn't look back. Also it has Audyssey XT32 for room correction and you can get them pretty cheap right now. Best bang for the buck hands down and the 818 matches up great with the EM ESL's.

Back