Diamond Speaker Domes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if these diamond tweets suffer from the bright sound of metallic tweets.

Do these tweeters perform more accurate and less distortion then our ELS?

Actually they probably do. The stiffness of diamond allows a properly designed dome to reach out to 50 to 60 kHz or more with a pure pistonic motion. Vibrational modes will be substantially outside the audible band as will phase shifts.

Agreed they are really clean, but then youd need four feet of them (or about 32 units) to create a line-array that matches the characteristics of the ESL in terms of depth of field. That might be, uhm, expensive? :eek:

They do a great job in the B&W's, but I'll stick to line-sources and more specifically, an ESL.

These aren't the same exact drive used in the Avalon Edilon Diamond, but I will say that the Avalon is one of the very few speakers I'd consider chucking my Martin Logans for (although I'm sure I'd miss them eventually).

These aren't the same exact drive used in the Avalon Edilon Diamond, but I will say that the Avalon is one of the very few speakers I'd consider chucking my Martin Logans for (although I'm sure I'd miss them eventually).

I should've been there for the Acoustic Sounds demo... damn you Mr. Mitt!

The big difference with Avalon is that they have their drivers custom made, so that they are not anything you can buy off the shelf. They also typically have their drivers hand picked to be within .1db (or less) of each other.

They definitely make a first class product!

I should've been there for the Acoustic Sounds demo... damn you Mr. Mitt!

You would have been if not for trashing Cherians "gear box" on the drive down !! LOL

yes I too would give my left n@* for the listening room that Chad put together in Salina, including those Avalon's !!

Back