descent hookups

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi all -- I have a descent - and want to run an LFE out to it as well as the main outs from my pre into the stereo inputs in the back of the descent. Since both signals will be active during movies - is this an issue? No LFE will be active during music - so that is not an issue - only during movie playback.

Re: the all controversial topic of cables.... I need to get two sub cables for my stereo music playback - if I choose to listen to it for music...More controversy here: What about the monster cables??? he asked nervously.. :) thanks for all of the feedback... tim

Hi all -- I have a descent - and want to run an LFE out to it as well as the main outs from my pre into the stereo inputs in the back of the descent. Since both signals will be active during movies - is this an issue? No LFE will be active during music - so that is not an issue - only during movie playback.

Re: the all controversial topic of cables.... I need to get two sub cables for my stereo music playback - if I choose to listen to it for music...More controversy here: What about the monster cables??? he asked nervously.. :) thanks for all of the feedback... tim

I wouldn't recommend Monster cables purely on their lack of corporate ethics, e.g., sueing just about every company that has the word "Monster" in its name. They even tried to sue Disney over their movie, Monsters Inc.!

I'm a Nordost guy, so I'd be tempted to try their dedicated Sub cable in your position.

I wouldn't recommend Monster cables purely on their lack of corporate ethics, e.g., sueing just about every company that has the word "Monster" in its name. They even tried to sue Disney over their movie, Monsters Inc.!

I'm a Nordost guy, so I'd be tempted to try their dedicated Sub cable in your position.

Ok - let me put it this way then... even if I could rape and pillage them by getting their 50 dollar cables for 18 dollars? Other than that though - -

Is there any problem sending 2 signals into the descent via multiple hookups (the stereo rca / and the lfe?)

let me make this a simpler question - cuz I think I have confused my issued -- all I want to know is this ---- is there any problem sending a simultaneous signal to the descent - one from the lfe & one from the main outs of my processor? they will both be 'on' - and both be sending a signal to the descent -- I would have both hooked up....

Back