depth tops?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratso

Reaction score
saving money to buy a depth on agon, and would really like a dark cherry one to match my vantages. however, 99% of them are black. does any one know about how much a new top for a sub goes for from ML?

depth or depth-i ? the tops are different. i do not think that milling different tops for my depth would be hard, save for finding a source for the snaps used to attach it. i used to consider making one out of 1/4" oak.

thanx mr. beeblebrox but i'm not too handy. called ML and they said tops for a depth i are $200 (original depth tops weren't replaceable they said). i honestly wasn't really aware that the depth i was updated (or 'improved' right, duh...). can anyone give me a short synopsis of what changed?

well, the grills are different, the tops are certainly different :) and the electronics are set up to mesh with the CLX and other speakers. the depth-i actually looks a bit more like the original descent with the large wooden top.

i was thinking about taking the small insert that pops off, using that as a template to mark out a new wooden one, cut/sand it into shape and then snap it into place. the built in logo might be tricky, but the right dremel bit and a steady hand should work :)

unless i sell the whole lot of them, but that's a different thread.

Back