Depth set up for CLS IIz

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclone

Reaction score
Just got a pair of Depths looking for set up suggestions on how to best mate them with my CLS IIzs.

A little soft music, preferably Barry White, some wine, a little dancing, and nature should take its course... :)

If I do that should I expect a little grotto? Actually I am looking for advice on placement and what frequency to bring them in at.

Several here like the single decent located in the center of the two CLS . If I had two I would try center and center behind me with each being 180* opposite phase. There is a report from Harmon International that says two subs that configuration is the best. That being said I would try corners side walls and anything else. You will be amazed at the different results. Sub integration is tough to say the least. With two its even more tricky. Start the x overs at 35 hz and volume at min and work up. with two subs you will get a few DB more than one at the same volume. Phase will be decided by placement. Good luck . Dont be afraid of a test disc to run a few graphs or REW software too.

If I do that should I expect a little grotto? Actually I am looking for advice on placement and what frequency to bring them in at.

A tight fitting pair of speaker covers should prevent that but nothing is guaranteed.

Back