Depth connection problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahamaman

Reaction score
Just got my gently used Depth and am trying to hook it up in my two channel (only) system. I have a Cary preamp that has two outputs. One output goes to the Pass X150 amp (and then to the Vantages). The second output goes to the L/R input on the Depth. The Depth has power, I've got a green light, the settings are set as they should be, but I'm getting no sound :confused:

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated! I'm completely clueless on these kinds of issues.

Have you swapped outputs on the Cary (feeding your Pass amp) to check that BOTH of them are working?

There are a couple other things . . . .

Have you swapped outputs on the Cary (feeding your Pass amp) to check that BOTH of them are working?
Additionally, is your Depth's level control turned up? If it's fully CCW you won't get anything. It's possible the Cary allows you to switch between main outputs, but not to run both at once. If that's the case, you'll need RCA T-connectors at the preamp or at the sub.

sleepysurf - yes, both outputs are working.

nsgarch - yes, the level control is turned up. I think you're right about the Cary - it's likely one cannot use both outputs. Thanks for the assistance!

It's possible the Cary allows you to switch between main outputs, but not to run both at once.

What would be the purpose of having 2 sets of preouts if you can only use one set at a time? :confused:

What would be the purpose of having 2 sets of preouts if you can only use one set at a time? :confused:

Seems like a reasonable question to me, but nsgarch was correct in his belief that only one output can be used at a time. I was finally able to split the signal coming out of the Cary and the Depth is working its magic!

Back