Considering buying Script i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwinr

Reaction score
I am considering going all ESL in my system. Recently I've noticed some discontinuity in sound when playing better quality surround movies. The Summits are highly revealing and I guess they deserve better partners than my current surround Vignettes.

At the present time I'm driving my surrounds with a Pioneer VSX815. This is used solely as a processor for my main system via my Audio Research LS25 HT throughput, and the only amplification task it has to do is drive the surrounds. I think this receiver will be up to the task of driving Scripts, although I could insert another power amplifier if I had to for the rears.

Does anyone have current pics of the Scripts in situ? I've done a member systems search, but the results were inconclusive. Also any comments would be appreciated from those that own the Scripts.

Thanks...

Does anyone have current pics of the Scripts in situ? I've done a member systems search, but the results were inconclusive. Also any comments would be appreciated from those that own the Scripts.

Thanks...
Edwin,
Just click on my system link at the bottom of this post, for pics.

I mounted the Scripts on the back sides of the room rather than the backwall, mainly because of the room layout. Mounted the Scripts upside down so the electrostatic panel is at ear level, mainly did this for asthetics, if mounting right side up with panels at ear level speaker would only be 12-18 inches off the ground.

:cheers:

Edwin,
Just click on my system link at the bottom of this post, for pics.

I mounted the Scripts on the back sides of the room rather than the backwall, mainly because of the room layout. Mounted the Scripts upside down so the electrostatic panel is at ear level, mainly did this for asthetics, if mounting right side up with panels at ear level speaker would only be 12-18 inches off the ground.

:cheers:

Thanks for that...

I had a good look at your setup. The Scripts look a lot bigger on the wall than I thought they would. But that's okay, I have the space and the ability to experiment with placement like you've done - my room is dedicated too.

I might have to consdier a dedicated power amp for the Scripts though. Maybe a Rotel RB1070 or something.

Last edited:
Thanks for that...

I had a good look at your setup. The Scripts look a lot bigger on the wall than I thought they would. But that's okay, I have the space and the ability to experiment with placement like you've done - my room is dedicated too.

I might have to consdier a dedicated power amp for the Scripts though. Maybe a Rotel RB1070 or something.

Edwin,
My room is only 8 feet high, so if yours is taller they won't look so large.
If you do get them definatly experiment before you install we'll save you time on the backside. I actually thought I had them where I wanted them and after mounting them went back a week later and dropped them down another 6 inches. Probably would have dropped them further but didn't want to expose the plate I had on the wall for the speaker connections.
Live and Learn.

Good Luck and be sure to post pics.

Back