'Coffe & Cars'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they have been for like 2 decades lol. You guys are just too old to realize it.

h468F96FA

To be clear Ray Bans are the best selling brand sunglasses in the world period ! I know you are having a little fun but perhaps at least get your facts straight.
As for the mid-life crisis remark I'm way past midlife unless I live to 110! I will be 55 tomorrow.
I will be glad to give you a ride around one of my local tracks ( Road Atlanta, AMP) perhaps you would appreciate the capabilities of the Corvette afterwards.

At that age, your visual perception and motor skills have seriously deteriorated so a ride in a plastic car around a race track would pose a major risk to my life insurance. PS happy early birthday :bowdown:

I always check my facts:

tumblr_mbumoctirt1roqv59o1_500.png

Last edited:
No coffee and cars round my way but shortly after posting on this thread the I did go ahead and buy a Porsche Boxster. I never ever replied with a follow up but better late than never, Matt bring on that Mustang!!!! :rocker:

Attachments

• 110_2332.jpg
    110_2332.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 110_2328.jpg
    110_2328.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 53
Geez, Dave. All those pictures have me salivating. I sold my Mercedes SLK 320 awhile back and am hankering for a sports car again. In a few weeks I will FINALLY be able to pick up my completely restored and upgraded 1955 Jaguar XK 140!!!! It has been a LONG wait on the restoration, but it will be so worth it when I finally have the car. I will certainly post pictures on this site when I get it. Now I just need to find a model similar to the one Steve has alongside his Cayman. What better way to accentuate the beautiful curves of the car?

So Rich……….how about some pics of the restored Jag !!!!

Congrats on the Boxster 'projector' !!

So Rich……….how about some pics of the restored Jag !!!!

Coming soon (I promise). I had to put it in the shop for a couple of weeks to finish some mechanical items that the restorer overlooked / was sloppy on. Got the triple weber 50 DCOe carbs adjusted perfectly. I was going to enter it in a vintage car show today, but it got rained out. As soon as we get some good weather, I will get some pics and post them (and change my avatar).

Just picked up a Lexus ISF for the wife's DD.

I had it at AMP a few weeks ago and bone stock it did OK for a 3700 lb car.

Attachments

• 248711d1338774287-pic-of-your-is-f-right-now-img_isf.jpg
    248711d1338774287-pic-of-your-is-f-right-now-img_isf.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 46
  • road-course_aerial_page.jpg
    road-course_aerial_page.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Very nice Larry ! I'm headed to the Glenn next month for the six hour event ……. here's hoping for another C7R victory !!

Rich, sounds good on the Jag, looking forward to your pics !

Very nice Larry ! I'm headed to the Glenn next month for the six hour event ……. here's hoping for another C7R victory !!

Rich, sounds good on the Jag, looking forward to your pics !

Thanks Dave , wish I was going to the Glen go team Corvette!!!

Ditto on the Pics Rich love those old Jags.

Hi Larry, congrats on the nice ride for the wife.

I live 10 minutes away from AMP and have yet to take the WRX over there. Just too busy, but one of these days, maybe when it's raining, I'll go zip around the track.

... I will get some pics and post them (and change my avatar).

We'll believe it when we see it bud, your reputation for lack of picture uploading skills is legendary around here ;)

Seriously though, look forward to seeing the Jag in it's finished state and hearing how you like cruising around in it. Sounds like a sweet ride.

Last edited:
^^^ Awesome, nice car, in red no less. Enjoy the rides my friend.

beautiful looking ride Rich………….. I see your back to dating the young chicks again !

Hi Larry, congrats on the nice ride for the wife.

I live 10 minutes away from AMP and have yet to take the WRX over there. Just too busy, but one of these days, maybe when it's raining, I'll go zip around the track.

Next time I go I will let you know Jon and at the very least you can take a few laps with me ! that is the perfect track for your WRX you need to check it out.

1955 Jaguar XK 140 OTS

Ok, here are a few better pictures of the Jag. It's a blast to drive. Has a nice growl and tons of get up and go. It is a little quirky though, and I am still getting used to it. I'm guessing it is pushing about 350 HP, which is a big upgrade from original. It has a 4.2 liter engine from an XKE that has been bored out to 5.0 liters. Triple Weber 50 DCOe carbs. Other mods include: drum brakes to disc, 4 spd. to 5 spd. tranny, limited slip diff., custom bucket seats, and more. Sorry, no bikini models available for these pics.

:rocker:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow. I kinda hate you, now.

Is the roll bar for track days, Rich, or simple safety?

Back