Co-Mingling of amplifiers on a pair of vistas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InterMechanico

Reaction score
Hello. I have a thought to tidy up my media space a little bit, and move some speakers around.
I currently have the 2 channel set up as : Cambridge Audio Azur 650C to Yamaha A-S2000 Integrated to (2) ML Vistas resting on granite surface plates.

The theatre system can be described as very basic and for all intents and purposes,
LO FI.

The question is this: If I replace my front channel speakers in the theatre system with the Vistas, connecting them to both the Yamaha and the 5ch amp (powering one or the other only, never both), should I expect to hear ANY loss of sound quality? I can't imagine that there would be any back feeding of current to the unpowered amp, but who knows?

Thanks. Julian

The answer is yes, backfeeding happens. In the switched off state, the Denon AVR power on light becomes busy once the volume control on the Integrated amp approaches 10 o'clock, and in addition, momentary interruptions in sound quality become apparent.

Back