CLXs in Honolulu

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonStorm

Reaction score
Hello to everyone! I recently was able to add the PS Audio BHK 600s to my CLX Art speakers, and will soon gush about the sound over in the amplifiers section of the forum. At last I understand what all the hubbub's about in regard to this speaker!

This also seems like a good place to praise MartinLogan for their tech support when one of the speakers arrived nonfunctional. I was afraid I would have to arrange shipping back to their facility for repair, but over some four months' time, E-mailing back and forth with photos and voltmeter testing results from me, instructional PDFs and sound test files from them, replacement of the curvilinear stat panel and then the crossover board assembly..........they started to sing :)

Hello to everyone! I recently was able to add the PS Audio BHK 600s to my CLX Art speakers, and will soon gush about the sound over in the amplifiers section of the forum. At last I understand what all the hubbub's about in regard to this speaker!

This also seems like a good place to praise MartinLogan for their tech support when one of the speakers arrived nonfunctional. I was afraid I would have to arrange shipping back to their facility for repair, but over some four months' time, E-mailing back and forth with photos and voltmeter testing results from me, instructional PDFs and sound test files from them, replacement of the curvilinear stat panel and then the crossover board assembly..........they started to sing :)
Wow, PS Audio allows trade in of any brand and gives you the original retail price as if it were new.

https://www.psaudio.com/pages/trade-ins

Madonstorm, it sounds like you had another amp on your speakers before this? What were the old ones, and did you trade them in on these new ones?
These amps look solid, and that's a good deal with the trade in.

Wow, PS Audio allows trade in of any brand and gives you the original retail price as if it were new.

https://www.psaudio.com/pages/trade-ins
I had to follow the link because it seemed too good to be true, but apparently mostly not. Of course, inflation is not your friend. The dollars you spent on your treasured gear from the 1980's don't go that far today, at PS Audio or anywhere else. But for someone looking to upgrade from an AVR to separates, this looks like a good deal. And AVR's go obsolete so fast.

I would guess the panel and crossover board set you back a pretty penny. In my view, the full range ESL's are worth it. Too bad you had to wait 4 months to get them going.

I had to follow the link because it seemed too good to be true, but apparently mostly not. Of course, inflation is not your friend. The dollars you spent on your treasured gear from the 1980's don't go that far today, at PS Audio or anywhere else. But for someone looking to upgrade from an AVR to separates, this looks like a good deal. And AVR's go obsolete so fast.
I wonder how the amps compare to Pass Labs Audio.

Madonstorm, it sounds like you had another amp on your speakers before this? What were the old ones, and did you trade them in on these new ones?
These amps look solid, and that's a good deal with the trade in.
Hi Robert!

Please see my thread over in the Amplifiers section of this forum, entitled “PS Audio BHK 600s” for more details. Essentially, these are the 3rd amp I’ve tried with the CLXs, and they stand well above the other two. I traded in a pair of BHK 300s for these 600s, taking advantage of PS Audio’s summertime amp promotion, during which they’re giving full trade-in value for one’s old PS Audio gear 😁

I would guess the panel and crossover board set you back a pretty penny. In my view, the full range ESL's are worth it. Too bad you had to wait 4 months to get them going.
Hi Leporello!

The repairs were actually free under warranty. I wasn’t planning to buy these speakers yet in 2022 (although I wanted to since 2012), but then I found out that they went out of production circa 2020. That lit a fire under me, and I believe I found the last pair of new, sealed, factory-warranted CLXs available. I could otherwise only find used pairs for sale. When they arrived, they appeared in perfect physical condition, but the curvilinear stat panel of the left speaker wasn’t making any music. The bass panel was, and the right speaker was working fine. It took quite a while of back-and-forth messaging and troubleshooting for MartinLogan to figure out the issue…..but when they had done so, the CLXs didn’t disappoint!

Back