CLX Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
Looking at one from a picture, it looks like its all electrostatic panel, no box for the base, so is it all mid range and highs, and you add the sub-woof to it? I know it is a dumb question, but just had to ask?:confused:

the side panels are for the bass! cool right:cool:

if you want the really really low hook up 2 X descent subs not something I would probably do

yes its all electrostatic bliss no speaker cone integration needed

The small curved panel is for mids and highs . The side triple stator panels are for bass. They are sectioned off at different frequencies. The CLX will do a true 56hz. Its tight as hell. I heard them with no sub and they are good., However a DecentI would get you to the lower registers

Thanks! That is truly amazing, Yes I totally agree with a sub-w it really adds so much more depth. The CLX are not out of my price range but the Spires still impress me like I heard them for the first time. Do not know if that feeling will ever go away!lo I at first heard they go for 25K, but then someone said he can get a new pair of CLX for 20K?

Thanks! That is truly amazing, Yes I totally agree with a sub-w it really adds so much more depth. The CLX are not out of my price range but the Spires still impress me like I heard them for the first time. Do not know if that feeling will ever go away!lo I at first heard they go for 25K, but then someone said he can get a new pair of CLX for 20K?
Story is that the 25th Anniversary Special Edition is $25K, but the garden variety, run-of-the-mill version is $20K.

I have listed to them as well and was quite impressed. The bass section actually moves quite a bit during regular listing, it is a site to see after owning normal hybrid speakers for a while.

Back