Cls Panel Removal

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slownlo

Reaction score
I just got a nice used pair of CLS I's, but I'd like to refinish the frames...my question is: How the hell do I get the stator assembly away from the frame?

I assume it either slides in/out from the top,...or is wedged in/out from the rear...?

Thanks

:bowdown:

slownlo,

You are correct. Actually the best way to do it is to remove the electronics box (note the orientation of the wires) then turn it on its side. Then push on the side of the stater/panel frame inward/downward. This would be from the front of the panel down and slightly towards the back. Yes the panel will flex, you will get a pit in your stomach and think "I am going to break it". It will flex enough for you to remove it from the "grooves" which are in the panels side frame. I actually have the instructions somewhere if you need them but that is pretty much it.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. If you can shoot those instructions over I'd be grateful.
Also, you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the schematic for the electronics module would you? The serial number of the box(es) I have is: 1178 & 1179. The panels are CS1EG717 (July 1993).

Did you receive/post the panel removal instructions?

No text
:bowdown:

I have the originals that were emailed to me. I also have the copy I edited and sent back to Jim. Let me dig them up at home. I may have to scan some of it which I will do at work and put in a PDF then send it to you

Jeff:cool:

Back