CJ Questions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preamp pic

Thought I would post a preamp pic for all to see also. No need to worry it will find a better place to reside when the audio rack is finished.
Doug - out

BTW - One little question to all the CJ folks. How do find this equipment handling rock and roll? The jazz and ligit rep. is marvelous, not sure about the ability to rock. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpg
    IMG_1879.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I have been listening to the new Metallica CD a lot and I find the CJ gear rocks just fine. Good bass and the edgy guitar sounds very rough as it should.

Never a problem here. The ACT2 and Premier 350 play as loud
as anyone has been been able to stand with plenty of reserve
dynamics....

No problem with the Premier 18LS. My only suggested revision would be to have a light dimmer switch on the volume display.

GG

CJ sound update

Thought I would give some more details about the sound of these CJ components I just landed.
At one time I thought that R&R and R&B didn't have the same forward pleasing sound as the SS stuff I had. I have changed on this. What I now think is bad R&R / R&B recordings sound even worse than I remember hearing with the SS gear. Good recordings in fact sound better now.
I think what I was hearing (for one of the first times) was a system that is now very detailed and nuanced. This is great for a wide spectrum of music in my collection; small group jazz, large group jazz, vocal jazz, most all classical, and some lighter pop. Some well recorded rock cuts also really shine. Here is the one that cut me deep. My TOP ( Tower of Power I'm a big horn band lover) collection does not have that same sparkle and high energy shine as it did with the NAD Threshold combination.:( Anyone out there ever notice this? Just curious.

Doug - out

I have several TOP albums-yes vinyl and CD's as well as having seen them many times or the last 30 years. Did I say that?:eek: I found that some of the recordings are generally thin and a lot of them are bass shy. I think it depended on the label and the engineer at that time. Some of the newer ones are better but not all. Unfortunately I think you are finding out that the CJ is very neutral and does not color the sound at all and you are actually hearing the recording as it as layed down.

Needless to say I have also experienced the same. I would not change back to SS at this point except for the CJ Premier 350 amp but that is a bit out of reach of my credit card. I would guess that overall from your comments, you are pleased and I would say "now is the time to sit and enjoy the tunes".:D

Jeff:cool:

Back