Ceiling surrounds

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyser Soze

Reaction score
Greetings All,
My first post here and although I am not currently a ML owner I plan on updating my den soon and getting a pair of Vantages with a Stage center. The den opens up to my kitchen in the back so there is no rear wall and my rear speakers will have to be in ceiling. Any suggestions? I've heard the DefTech UIW 94/A and a set of Paradigms (not sure which) and both sounded good. The system will mostly be for movies/TV with some music. I've enjoyed lurking here and hope I can get some good advice. Thanks.

Reid

Greetings All,
My first post here and although I am not currently a ML owner I plan on updating my den soon and getting a pair of Vantages with a Stage center. The den opens up to my kitchen in the back so there is no rear wall and my rear speakers will have to be in ceiling. Any suggestions? I've heard the DefTech UIW 94/A and a set of Paradigms (not sure which) and both sounded good. The system will mostly be for movies/TV with some music. I've enjoyed lurking here and hope I can get some good advice. Thanks.

Reid

Welcome to the club. We live in the same town.:D

Greetings All,

Reid

I have the same layout and I'm using Boston Acoustics for my rear surrounds which blends well with the Summits. My system is #59 on the Members list.

I have some old Boston Aoustic towers (VR40s) in my HT and have had them for over 10 years now. Great speakers. I'll take a look into those. Thanks.

I have some older Boston Aoustic speakers (VR40s) in my HT and have had them for over 10 years now. Great speakers. I'll take a look into their ceiling models. Thanks.

How about the ML Ticket or Passage...I think BOTH are in wall/ceiling units... Never listened to them but it always seems best to keep your speakers all family related for better voicing consistency.

I did listen to one of the ML wall units (I'm guessing it was the Ticket) and I really didn't like the sound that much. It sounded very muffled and "off in the distance" compared to the DefTechs and Paradigms which had a much more "forward" sound. Plus I didn't like the aesthetics of the mesh cover which actually bowed away from the wall and didn't sit flush against it. Wouldn't look right on the ceiling.

I am using Mirage Omnisats on the ceiling with my Vistas/Cinema and they work quite well.

Omnipolars

Mirages sound fantastic ... If you have a Chipotle near you I think they all have Mirages in them. They truly sound great if you apply them correctly.

Okay, you've got me intrigued......

this is all beginning to remind me of a movie......

1) Keyser Soze (real person ??)

2)Intrigue (Summits for sale)

3) The Usual Suspects (various surround speaker recommendations)

hmmmmmmm...... my coffee cup just hit the floor

:eek:

I have used the Mirage Nanosats for close to a year to fufill my center and surround duties with my Vista's.....a great match in my opinion.

I originally tried the Omnisats, but found the Nano's worked better in my setup, and less expensive to boot.

Good luck Kevin (umm...Keyser)

Back