Ceiling Placement of Motion 4

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliffordlee

Reaction score
I apologize if this topic has been discussed as I could not locate a similar posting. I would like to place the Motion 4 on the ceiling, right next to the rear wall in a 5.1 placement. The ceiling seems to work best since the sofa & chairs are right against the back wall and there is no room to move them forward.

My question is whether the regular mounting brackets will work. The mounting brackets appear to be mounted on a nail or screw head and then "slid down" (similar to ordinary wall hangings). While this can be done on the ceiling, instead of sliding the speaker down, one would have to slide to the right or left. My concern is whether sliding to the right or left would, over time, vibrate to the opposite side and fall off the ceiling.

For what it is worth, I am using the Motion 4s in the rear, Motion 8 as Center and Passages as fronts. All driven by a couple of Rotel amps.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

As there have been no responses, I am not sure if that is because no one has tried this with Motion 4s or it has not been tried by anyone. Is there anyone that has placed a speaker on the ceiling using traditional mounting brackets where you place the speaker on a screw head and then slide right or left slightly so that the screw head can no longer pop out. If so, have you had any issues with the speaker "moving" due to vibration, etc. and popping-out of the bracket?

Also, if anyone would suggest an alternative forum, that would be helpful. Perhaps a Home Theater forum may be more appropriate.

Thanks.

I was mistaken about the mounting bracket. There will be no "screw" head but the concept is similar. However, the "ball" on the ML Motion 4 should fit a bit better than a "screw" head.

Back