cats and martin logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpaudio2

Reaction score
So I am considering getting a cat... but I am wondering what the fur will do to my martin logans... will it get sucked into the stators?

I'd be more worried about what the claws can do.

But on a more serious note, that may be why a lot of advertisers mention 'no pets,' which i always wondered about. Any fur should be easily removed along with dust when vacuuming as long as they are unplugged and discharged.

I would not worry just remove its claws first.

I would never own a cat but if I did I do not think it would do anything with it's fur.

I wouldn't worry - just vacuum regularly. Very regularly.

Maybe you could consider a low shed/hairless cat - we have a labradoodle and he does not shed fur - excellent not only for the 'logans but also the lounge, our clothes, etc!!

dont worry. I dont plan on decalwing a cat.. I do plan on adopting one, and will look for one thats had it done (they still need homes).

so, I still am curious... does the fur stick to the speakers? I know I can vaccuum... or use bitter apple... but, will it be a problem

a friend of mines cat ran up the panels of his request's and put many holes in them.

dont worry. I dont plan on decalwing a cat.. I do plan on adopting one, and will look for one thats had it done (they still need homes).

so, I still am curious... does the fur stick to the speakers? I know I can vaccuum... or use bitter apple... but, will it be a problem

I have not had a problem with cat fur sticking to the speakers...and we have six (egad!) Maine Coons!:eek:

I had a long hair Calico cat and never had any issues with hair in the panels. The bed and couch was a different issue. Go for it, get the cat.

I don't think there will be any probelm with hair sticking to the panels. As long as the cat doesn't rub himself against them! Hold one of your own hairs next to the panel and I don't think you'll find it'll stick unless you get very close...

I have had cats the entire time I have had ML's and I have never had a problem. There is no need to worry about cat hair sticking to the stators. The standard dust in your home is a much bigger problem, and even that isn't too big of a problem. You just vacuum the panels every so often.

Also, no need to consider declawing cats (there is a long thread on that subject for those who want to search for it). Cats are like children -- a little proper training goes a long way toward achieving respectful behavior.

Vacuum panels more often. We have had nil visible fur but I still vacuum the panels once a month after a 24hr off period.

The cats here both have had the odd run up the panels and perched on the top. They seem to have picked up the message that it is not a desirable behaviour and have also stopped sleeping on the woofer cabinet of the Monoliths. Absolutely no visible damage. Their claws are kept clipped.

Do not declaw a cat. If you feel the need to declaw do not get a cat.

Kevin

and we have six (egad!) Maine Coons!:eek:

Len, I had a Maine Coon for eight years. I love them. They are so smart and personable. Although, they are a little more mischievous than a lot of other cats. I have had cats all my life, but I have never had another cat anywhere near as intelligent as that Maine Coon. Six of them, though, would be more than I could handle.

As regards martin Logans, nothing a bullstopper from the feed & grain and a BB gun for dealing with cats can't take care of......:eek:
But seriously.... be consistent and your cat will figure it out to stay away from your listening station. As for worries about hair... I've got a long-hair dog, and I've had no problems. However, my dog looks at me like I'd just crawled out from under a rock....... just like a cat! I'll take that personal in a moment......:ROFL:

I have not had a problem with cat fur sticking to the speakers...and we have six (egad!) Maine Coons!:eek:

We have a couple of Ragdolls - a recent inquiry at the vet re a third cat got this brisk answer "one cat is lonely, two is perfect, three is difficult, four is a disease .......":p

My wife is pleased to see a household of six cats making her wish for three (one for each child) seem positively sane.:D

Kevin

Back