Car audio suggestions/ new ideas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venkat

Reaction score
hi,

Any ideas/ suggestions for car audio. I am looking for recommendation on speakers and new car audio products. This is for a Skoda Fabia (a chec subsidiary of Volkswagen).

Like last year I though the new FM transmitters for iPod were a cool idea. Any new products like that?

Sesh

hi,

Any ideas/ suggestions for car audio. I am looking for recommendation on speakers and new car audio products. This is for a Skoda Fabia (a chec subsidiary of Volkswagen).

Like last year I though the new FM transmitters for iPod were a cool idea. Any new products like that?

Sesh

FM transmitters for iPods sound like bu11sh1t........anyone found a good one? Really, I'd love to know.

As for car audio in general, how much time do you spend in your car? I wouldn't bother, as you're really pushing the proverbial up a hill trying to get good sound in that environment.....

FM transmitters for iPods sound like bu11sh1t........anyone found a good one? Really, I'd love to know.

You are 100% right. They ARE ALL COMPLETE WILLY! I have tried a few, and they ALL sucked badly.

However, a good car audio system is worth a few bob, I think, as long as you like pop/rock a lot. My last Merc SLK had Bose in it -I am waiting for the insults, but it WAS good with two subs etc - mind you I paid quite a bit extra for it. My current SLK has the standard fit - which to be honest is good with voices but not a lot else! Spent too much on the engine and other bits, you see:D

Anyway, Alpine kit is good, I kitted out a Mazda MX3 with some for about £750 and it was good value sound for zee money...

Hey, if I sold the SLK, I could buy the CLX... er... um.. no!:)

Last edited:

As for car audio in general, how much time do you spend in your car? I wouldn't bother, as you're really pushing the proverbial up a hill trying to get good sound in that environment.....

For ipod integration in your car your best to use the mini jack on the front of your stock deck if you factory deck has one. You can install an aftermarket deck that has ipod integration or get an adapter from PAX or CHYX that plugs into the back of your factory stereo and gives you auxiliary ports to plug in your ipod.

In my Dodge Magnum I did a small install using JL audio gear. I custom build in entire system, the amp rack is a 1/4" sheet of plexiglass color matched to the car with transparent JL Audio logo in the middle back lit with blue LED's. The subwoofers enclosures is scratch build out of fiberglass to fit into the storage compartments in the Magnum so I could have my bass but keep my storage space. I am using a JL Audio 500/1 to power the two JL 10W3v3's and a 300/4 for the mids and highs.

100_0440.jpg

100_0493.jpg

100_0498.jpg

car audio

How did you get a Skoda into the US?
Just curious...

oh I am actually in the UK :) its a right hand drive so would not work even if I managed to import one into the US :)

That's right. Only some work better than others. I have one from Belkin - the only problem I face is in busy traffic points it catches up signals from other cars :)

I was only saying its a cool idea to broadcast your iPod music to your car audio. Wanted to know if anyone knows of a 'cool' new product.

oh I am actually in the UK :) its a right hand drive so would not work even if I managed to import one into the US :)

That's right. Only some work better than others. I have one from Belkin - the only problem I face is in busy traffic points it catches up signals from other cars :)

I was only saying its a cool idea to broadcast your iPod music to your car audio. Wanted to know if anyone knows of a 'cool' new product.

I think it's a cool idea too. Not only that, but I really want one that works well because I'm absolutely not prepared to spend additional money on car audio equipment. Main reason: I don't want to turn my car into a thief magnet.

Joe-
Nice ride- where did you get the sub boxes? Any dislikes?
DSC04322.jpg

DSC05405.jpg

Photo_122207_001.jpg

Thanks!
Nik

Latest posts

Back