CAD 211 Anniversary Edition with Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abhijit

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest of matching Cary CAD-211 mono blocks with Summit? Currently I am using Cary SLP-05 with Plinius SA-102 power amp. Does it worth the upgrade?

Can anyone suggest of matching Cary CAD-211 mono blocks with Summit? Currently I am using Cary SLP-05 with Plinius SA-102 power amp. Does it worth the upgrade?

It is a heck of an amp. I would definitely consider it with the Summits and with a Cary pre-amp, aah! sweet tube bliss, maybe.

I can only imagine it to be SUPERB !! As a fellow SA-102 owner, I can tell you that I am more than pleased with the introduction of Rogue M-150 MonoBlocks(I am by no means trying to compare them to the CAD-211's) into my system.

As risabet said, probably a match made in Heaven, GO FOR IT !!

It's the amp i am planing to buy...and you should know that owr cables match perfect with tubes

Last edited:
I can only imagine it to be SUPERB !! As a fellow SA-102 owner, I can tell you that I am more than pleased with the introduction of Rogue M-150 MonoBlocks(I am by no means trying to compare them to the CAD-211's) into my system.

As risabet said, probably a match made in Heaven, GO FOR IT !!

Dave,

Are you trying to tell me that I should go tubes as well???

Dave,

Ha! The wind blows and Joey's ears perk up: . . . "Did someone suggest I need to upgrade?"

Seriously, though Joey. You have a match made in heaven with your Cary preamp and your Plinius amp. Adding a tube amp would be at best a sideways move for you, not an "upgrade." Don't worry. Be happy.

Dave,

Joey,

I love the "Plinny", you know that, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to try the tube MonoBlocks. For me the Rogue descission was an easy one, the company is less than a two drive from my house, I know the owner, got a hell of deal, and thus I'm a Happy Camper !

Now, as I said before I still have no plans on selling my SA-102. Last weekend I did a little swap out between the M-150's and the SA-102. With the Plinny biased and warmed up in Class 'A' , the mid-range magic of the tubes were only slighty better than the SA-102, IMO. On the other hand the M-150's performed superbly in both the lower and upper end of the freq spectrum.

So, what does all this mean ...... you and only you can decide if tube amplification is what you so desire.

With the Plinny biased and warmed up in Class 'A' , the mid-range magic of the tubes were only slighty better than the SA-102, IMO. On the other hand the M-150's performed superbly in both the lower and upper end of the freq spectrum.
Dave, I'm confused. When you said "on the other hand" (after stating that the tube midrange was better), I was expecting you to say that the SA-102 was superb in both the lower and upper end of the freq spectrum. As it stand, your statement implies that the M150's were better in all areas. Is that what you really mean?

Dave, I'm confused. When you said "on the other hand" (after stating that the tube midrange was better), I was expecting you to say that the SA-102 was superb in both the lower and upper end of the freq spectrum. As it stand, your statement implies that the M150's were better in all areas. Is that what you really mean?

What I meant, sorry for the confussion, is that I didn't expect the M-150's to perform as well as they did(comparrison wise) at lower and upper freq.

The Plinny is superb, IMO, throughout. The differences are small and then subjectively noticed in the mids, IMO.

Just a quick question - Do you need to adjust the bias setting of SA-102 often? I noticed recently that I had to tweek the bias adjustments at an interval of 3 months. when I measured , quiescent current falls down to 1.6 AMPS from 2.2 Amps in Class A mode.
Joey,

I love the "Plinny", you know that, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to try the tube MonoBlocks. For me the Rogue descission was an easy one, the company is less than a two drive from my house, I know the owner, got a hell of deal, and thus I'm a Happy Camper !

Now, as I said before I still have no plans on selling my SA-102. Last weekend I did a little swap out between the M-150's and the SA-102. With the Plinny biased and warmed up in Class 'A' , the mid-range magic of the tubes were only slighty better than the SA-102, IMO. On the other hand the M-150's performed superbly in both the lower and upper end of the freq spectrum.

So, what does all this mean ...... you and only you can decide if tube amplification is what you so desire.

It's the amp i am planing to buy...and you should know that owr cables match perfect with tubes

Thanx again for your advise on Harmonix cables. Since I am little tight on budget, I am going for AES Six Pacs. What is your opinion? I cannot afford CAD-211 now very expensive - USD 16k

Back