Cable QUESTION

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Diddy

Reaction score
I hope you read my intro first...Or else this question may irritate some. I did use the search function, got some info...but got to the "fighting" and just did not want to read any more. I hope my question is easy. I Will be getting ML Vistas on Tuesday...Denon 3313ci on Wednesday...and ML T2 surround speakers on Thursday. I've never had a true surround set up before and was wondering if I just get the same gauge wire for all speakers or do I need to do some more research? I am pretty handy with a soldering iron, I build and race Radio Control cars, trucks and helicopters. Kind of have to get things together soon, so, just buy a spool...or get "quality" for the Vistas and a spool? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
T.

I would get quality cables for the Vistas and a spool of heavy gauge wire for the surrounds. You aren't likely to notice any difference in the surrounds from a higher quality cable, but you are more likely to see an improvement on music on your mains by going higher quality. Put your money where it will make the most difference.

With the Vistas, the metal insert of the 4mm banana sockets is recessed quite far into the plastic. I started off using speaker cables with banana plugs but they kept falling out, so I went with spades that I soldered on myself. Something to bear in mind if you plan on buying ready made speaker cables.

I would start out with 12 gauge speaker wire all round, then later on try some "quality" cables for the Vistas, but be able to return them if you don't hear a difference.

With the Vistas, the metal insert of the 4mm banana sockets is recessed quite far into the plastic. I started off using speaker cables with banana plugs but they kept falling out, so I went with spades that I soldered on myself. Something to bear in mind if you plan on buying ready made speaker cables.
You could also use lockable banana plugs.

Latest posts

Back