Cable Organizer/Cover

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamonds

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need your help in finding a cable organizer. If you look at the picture you will notice the cables going up to the TV. I need something to cover them so it looks decent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1175747116[1].jpg
    1175747116[1].jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 1175747114[1].jpg
    1175747114[1].jpg
    47 KB · Views: 130
D,

Here's one idea, not sure if it's exactly what you want. A ways back I knew some guys that installed car audio systems. They have this flexible plastic tubing that they run wires through (say from the trunk to whereever). Basically you can bundle the wires together and then run them through this tube, so what you see is just one black cylinder instead of a bunch of individual wires wrapped together.

Erik

You could also go through the wall. do you have a basement? it is not that hard to fish the wires.

You could also go through the wall. do you have a basement? it is not that hard to fish the wires.

Two things I forgot to mention.

1. I am in Arizona which means no basements
2. The wall the TV is on is brick.

Ok...I had my son go to Home Depot and buy a shower curtain rod cover. This is how it looks. Not half bad if you ask me.

Attachments

• 1175909584[3].jpg
    1175909584[3].jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Wow, very nice, cheap, creative solution! Match the paint color to the wall and its going to look great!

Good job, Diamonds. It looks great (especially once it is painted to match the wall) and it cost you a pittance compared to what you could have spent. Nice amp you have there, too, by the way. ;)

I don't know about those speakers, though. I mean, if you can't see through them, how can they give you transparent sound? :D :D

Good job, Diamonds. It looks great (especially once it is painted to match the wall) and it cost you a pittance compared to what you could have spent. Nice amp you have there, too, by the way. ;)

I don't know about those speakers, though. I mean, if you can't see through them, how can they give you transparent sound? :D :D

Well Rich the Acoustic Zen Adagio's are for sale. I think we are either going to go with Dali MS 4s or Martin Logan Vantages. It is really up to my son which way he goes. I am telling him to go for the Vantages.

preserve the magic

Yep it cost 3 bucks at Home Depot! :rocker:

I know I'll get slammed for this, but as an architect, I would have the contractor channel the masonry, install conduit with an empty box top and bottom, then patch the plaster and repaint (believe it or not, I've actually done this, it took about half a day.)

And why go through all this hassle you may ask? Well, to me, it's all about the magic of seeing that screen just floating, unencumbered, in the middle of a lovely wall. Maybe I'm just too sensitive ;)

I know I'll get slammed for this, but as an architect, I would have the contractor channel the masonry, install conduit with an empty box top and bottom, then patch the plaster and repaint (believe it or not, I've actually done this, it took about half a day.)

And why go through all this hassle you may ask? Well, to me, it's all about the magic of seeing that screen just floating, unencumbered, in the middle of a lovely wall. Maybe I'm just too sensitive ;)

I am a contractor down in Tucson and could havd done this for him but him and his wife are thinking of buying a new house.

I know you're a contractor

I am a contractor down in Tucson and could havd done this for him but him and his wife are thinking of buying a new house.
....that's why I put the little zinger in there about having the contractor do it (instead of me!:haha1: ) When are you coming by?

....that's why I put the little zinger in there about having the contractor do it (instead of me!:haha1: ) When are you coming by?

Being a contractor and also be in PHX every week to visit my son recently has taken a lot of my free time. Mr Upgraditis up there in Scottsdale has taken a lot of my time. I have your number still and I will try to make time in the coming weeks if it is convienent for you. That was a pretty good jab though. :D

Back