Buying used hi-end audio gear

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had great experiences on Audiogon and could not have afforded some of my components if new. I always spoke directly with the seller on Audiogon. You can get a good feel by speaking with a person. Don't be shy in asking questions.

However, i had a very bad experience on eBay. See http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9904 for details.

I noticed that the person (Carterdw) who sold me the damaged Depth is back and currently selling a Descent i on eBay. Caution is advised.

I bought my Sim I7 on Agon after having a dialog with the seller
over a 4 month period....had a very positive experience. The item
was packaged well and was flawless.

I've sold 2 items on Agon...my MF A5 integrated and my Spires.
In each instance i took photos before boxing, after boxing and
when handed off to the shipper. I sent the pics to the buyers
so they could compare the condition upon receipt. They really
appreciated my thoroughness and gave great feedback on Agon.
So, if you're going to sell equipment online, there's no excuse
not to spring for a digital camera and keep your customers
informed through the whole process...just give them confidence
to purchase from you.

Last edited:
Yes and everyone on the 'gon is reminded about that with the big ad whose sole purpose is to try and thwart sales of used ML product. Warning buyers about warranty issues. Wonder how that impacts resale? No Logan warranty is transferrable right?

It discourages resale value which also as the tendency to reduce the value of new product. I wonder how the "Great American Speaker Company" slogan is still working for them on their sponsored Audiogon website ad? True warranties are rare these days. It's really insurance they sale on electronics these days and usually by a third party company.

Back