Buying Sumits, Classe or McIntosh Electronics

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought from Audio Systems... I'll ask them if they have some Mac stuff... I always thought they looked 'cool' but haven't heard them paired w/ MLs

I don't think they have Mac stuff...It is Home Theater Store that has the Mac stuff but no ML stuff! We need to get Sound Mind Audio to get both so we can have a place to go listen to that combo! :D

Hey weren't you putting some of your gear in today? How is it going?

Hi,

you can always have a look at the Mac tube gear. I have a solid state integrated Mac and Ascents and it doesn't sound bad at all - on the contrary.

Can't you get a great deal on MBL stuff living over there wher it is made? Can you get ME a great deal on MBL stuff?! LOVE those 101's! YEA BABY! I can't think of anything other than those that might even have a SHOT at my Prodigy! I just love my Prodigy so much, but I do like the 101's...they are more like art than speakers! Get those and a couple of monoblocks in that MBL Piano Black and Gold! Oh BABY!

Hey weren't you putting some of your gear in today? How is it going?

it's going ok... pure panic struck when I couldn't get any sound to the MLs... the HDMI connection from the OPPO DVD-A SACD to the Sunfire wasn't working (I'm sure it's pilot error)... but when I plugged in the digital coax... the MLs were purring :cheers:

The room is a mess, scripts are still in the box... but I'm listening to the Summits as I type. WHOOO HOOOO

Can't you get a great deal on MBL stuff living over there wher it is made? Can you get ME a great deal on MBL stuff?! LOVE those 101's! YEA BABY! I can't think of anything other than those that might even have a SHOT at my Prodigy! I just love my Prodigy so much, but I do like the 101's...they are more like art than speakers! Get those and a couple of monoblocks in that MBL Piano Black and Gold! Oh BABY!

Sorry ... never tried ... and MBLs are not much less expensive over here ...
101s do sound great, but I'm not quite sure that I could live with them.

it's going ok... pure panic struck when I couldn't get any sound to the MLs... the HDMI connection from the OPPO DVD-A SACD to the Sunfire wasn't working (I'm sure it's pilot error)... but when I plugged in the digital coax... the MLs were purring :cheers:

The room is a mess, scripts are still in the box... but I'm listening to the Summits as I type. WHOOO HOOOO

Scott, have you tried the "extra tweak" placement noted in the owners manual yet? WOW! It is actually Cardas' formula, but it really works well in my room. If you have the space, give it a try.

Scott, have you tried the "extra tweak" placement noted in the owners manual yet? WOW! It is actually Cardas' formula, but it really works well in my room. If you have the space, give it a try.

No I haven't... for which speaker? Main? I got the scripts on the wall... I actually did the upside down trick... :rocker:

No I haven't... for which speaker? Main? I got the scripts on the wall... I actually did the upside down trick... :rocker:

Look in the Summit owners manual. There is a formula for placement-a couple of equations which suggest appropriate distance from back wall based on room HEIGHT and distance from side walls based on room width. Freaky, but oh so right!

Back