butler audio amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . After critical subjective and in-depth technical analysis, these two essential areas defining vacuum tube sound were disclosed:
audion.gif

1) "Our extensive checking indicated...a definite audible difference in the sound quality...where there is a mechanical-electrical interface." "...power amplifiers driving speakers..."

2) "The basic cause of the difference in tube and transistor sound is the weighting of harmonic distortion components in the amplifier's overload region."
Tube Driver BLUE accurately fulfills both of these essential requirements for tube sound: . . .

Not knocking tube gear here, but methinks there's an awful lot of hokey in the product copy.

"Tube Driver BLUE is the only vacuum tube-driven amplifier in the world that satisfies BOTH of the critical AES requirements for authentic tube sound.
So, other Tube equipment doesn't make "authentic tube sound" ? What was the benchmark? Someone quit moving the goal posts please.
Get a load of their tube that never needs changing. must be for looks. I've had enough, it's your choice.

I don't know about their ad copy, but I've had the opportunity to listen to their multi channel hybrid amps as well as the Monad sevral times over the past few years at RMAF. I am not very impressed with the multi channel stuff, but I would go so far as to say that the Monad's are something special indeed and do not sound like any other amp I've heard. When paired specifically with a set of Escalante Fremonts they were utterly amazing. I'd heard the same speakers in a different room with different electronics and was not all impressed, but when I heard them with the Monads I was literally moved to tears.

They may not work well with every speaker, but you really should hear them and decide for yourself rather than forming any opinion based upon spec's or in this case manufacturers hype.

Attachments

• Butler02.jpg
    Butler02.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 97
Back