Brush?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel

Reaction score
I have a shop vac.

What type of brush am I suppose to used to vacuum my Vantage?

Any picture or model number?

I have a shop vac.

What type of brush am I suppose to used to vacuum my Vantage?

Any picture or model number?

A tooth brush! LOL sorry I just couldnt resist. You want a soft brissels brush, one that is soft to the touch and not stiff so no damage will be done to the panel. All you are trying to do is remove the dust and airborn particles from your stats. Hope this helps you. Mike

I don't use a brush at all. Brushes probably spread more dust than they remove. Simply cup your hands over the bare nozzle so that you get really good pressure between your hand and the panel.

Last edited:
Yeah, Amey01 has a good idea--that's usually how I clean the backs of my Sequels. For the fronts (where it's easier to get to the surface) I usually use the little attachment for our Dyson (they call it a "stair attachment") that has the velour-like surface--that way I don't have to worry about the plastic end of the hose scratching my panels, or otherwise messing up the finish...

But I'd stay away from anything with bristles. That mylar is very strong against stretching, but relatively weak when it comes to things poking straight into it, even things as small and "soft" as the bristles on a vacuum brush.

--Richard

thank you, now I know what I should look for.

I too think that a brush is probably a bad idea. I would think that there is some possibility that the bristles of the brush might remove some of the conductive material on the Mylar which is obviously a bad thing.

Back