Broken front grill on Descent sub...ideas?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preston

Reaction score
The plastic internal frame has cracked on the front grill on my Martin Logan Descent. I have been informed that this is a typical problem, which was resolved with metal grills in the Descent i.

Any ideas on where to obtain a replacement grill or repair this one? Since the crack runs up to the top of the grill and the grill cloth is bonded to the grill frame, it is tough to access (or even see) the top of the plastic crack for repair.

Thanks,

:p

The plastic internal frame has cracked on the front grill on my Martin Logan Descent. I have been informed that this is a typical problem, which was resolved with metal grills in the Descent i.

Any ideas on where to obtain a replacement grill or repair this one? Since the crack runs up to the top of the grill and the grill cloth is bonded to the grill frame, it is tough to access (or even see) the top of the plastic crack for repair.

Thanks,

:p

have you called ML and talked to anyone there? Jim Powers has helped many of us here, but there are several people in ML service who seem to excel at making problems go away.

I know this doesn't solve the broken grill problem directly, but DO NOT USE THEM!!! They really obscure subtle information. The Ascent grills are the same i.e. an acoustic hinderance.

If you must use them then you must, I suppose, but play a track with them on, then take all three off, and play it again. No contest.

I haven't used my Descent grills since they day I got my Descent!

Justin

Last edited:
I got one from ML from a dealer- I believe it cost 40 bucks.....

Need to make sure nobody's foot goes through a driver, so I would like to have the grills on.

I spoke to Martin Logan this week and they said the Descent front grills were backordered and that new ones should be available within 30-45 days. I think the cost was around $40.

I was hoping someone had crafted some type of metal grill like those used in the Descent i, but have not heard of any interesting solutions to the original fragile front grill...yet...

Last edited:
Back