Broken 60XT Binding Post

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk

Reaction score
While rewiring one of my ML Motion 60XTs, I stupidly managed to break one of the binding posts. I contacted ML support for help, but never received a reply. I couldn't find an OEM replacement post, so does anyone know of a suitable substitute? Also, how do I get at the post to replace it? Unscrew the front driver array, perhaps?

Signed, Mr Dumbass

Got a photo of the broken post in question? There's no reason why you can't just swap them out to a binding post of your choosing.

Alternatively you should be able to get in touch with the service department at ML, Ron works in that department and he's one of the world's most helpful humans and should be appreciated by everyone here for helping to keep our old crap running.

Nice fix, huh? Do you have an email for this Ron fellow?

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 0
Much thanks, Robert! Ron responded right away. He's sending a replacement post no charge, as well as instructions on how to make the repair.
That's Ron! Always so helpful and lightning fast to respond to email. He was wonderful to me when I needed a replacement BF 210 sub under warranty. I had just undergone heart surgery and he was very understanding. IMO ,he is one of Martin Logan's greatest assets. I hope he is well appreciated by the company.

Ron and Martin Logan are very easy and responsive to warranty claims and other help inquiries. That's hard to find these days.

Another company that was great to me is here in Ohio, Power Sound Audio. When I call them I'm able to talk directly to the owner and he's great as well.

While rewiring one of my ML Motion 60XTs, I stupidly managed to break one of the binding posts. I contacted ML support for help, but never received a reply. I couldn't find an OEM replacement post, so does anyone know of a suitable substitute? Also, how do I get at the post to replace it? Unscrew the front driver array, perhaps?

Signed, Mr Dumbass
It looks like you could just thread a new post of the right size and thread, where you have the screw now. No need to get into the enclosure. I have tons of 10-32 5-way binding posts in my parts drawers, but they wouldn't come close to matching in appearance. Your best bet is to get a replacement part from ML. I've never had an issue getting in touch with customer service, but it's been a while.

Not familiar with the Motion 60XT but if it's acoustic suspension then yes, removing the woofer(s) from the front is the usual way. If the post needs soldering from the back then you'll need to. You'll need caulk to put it back.

Oh, I see now you've already gotten the help you need from ML. great!

Back