Blown EFX speaker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyderkv

Reaction score
MLO,

I'd like some advice on what is wrong with my speaker and if I can buy the part and repair myself.

Basically, I moved an amp with the front L and R channels disconnected, some how, they touched I think but not sure exactly what happened. It just made a bad grinding sound out of the speaker. Once corrected, the right channel panel crackles and only very faint sounds come from it. The woofer seems to work fine. The blue power light still turns on as well.

Any advice?

Thanks

Hola. Swap the speakers. If the same is bad, it is the woofer. If you listen something, it could the tweeter. If the problem changed, you have a bad channel. The receiver needs to be fixed. I am sorry that go got a lesson that way. There is a remain energy in the receiver, even with the power cord disconnected from the mains AC source. If you want to move something as the receiver, make a diagram connection and put numbers with masking tape to the cables. Happy listening

Back