big tv...out of the way

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
So, I have this big tv in the middle of my odysseys... and I think I have figured a place for it... It is a 60" sony LCD XBR -which is about 1-2 feet thick (i.e rear proj LCD)... I have a space which is 11 feet wide...and the couch would go against the wall - giveing a viewing distance of about 8 feet.... You think this is do-able? I would use my old paradigm system for the surround etc.... along with my sunfire processor.....

Go for it!!!!!! I know your Odysseys will appreciate the extra breathing room.:D

Glen

I have a 60" Grand Wega. My room is a bit bigger but I think you can work with your space.
I have my TV pushed against the wall and located the center speaker with it. My CLS's are out into the room as much as I can and I have adjusted the delay to compensate for the different speaker placement on my processor for HT.
Just be sure try covering the Sony with a blanked to cut down on reflection when listening to 2 channel music to see if it makes a difference.

I'm not following you: Big RPTV stays (bad) or goes (good)?

Either way, I don't like the thought of your main listening position being up against the rear wall, if that's what you're saying.

no -- i am going to take my tv out from between my logans - and put it in another location .. but the location was much smaller for the tv... so the question is really about having an 8' viewing distance from a 60" Sony Grand Wega rear projection LCD....

My music area would be the same as it is now -- about 8 feet from Logans / w speakers 5 feet from front wall - and about 10 feet behind the seating position....

WAF seems to be getting in the way of this decsion....getting a lot of grief....

With HD or DVD, shouldn't be an issue.

Min. 7.5' with the above.

With other sources, may see some artifacts.

GG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back