bi-amping martin logan vistas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed

Reaction score
I'm curious about bi-amping a pair of vista's. The owner's manual says they are designed for this and someone at Martin Logan said they would do well. I have two solid state monoblocks I would run to the woofers, and a 2 channel hybrid tube amp I'd run to the upper part of the speakers. All amps have plenty of power. I would appreciate any feedback from those with knowledge or experience regarding passive bi-amping. Thank you, Jed

I'm biamping the Vistas from a Denon 3808 reciever. The woofer came to life after the biamping.

From what I've read you'll need to make sure the gain is the same or configurable so you can change the volume.

Your ears may very.

Darth Vader Voice "ON"

use the search, Jed(i)...

Darth Vader Voice "OFF"

lots of discussions about bi-amping different models, including Vistas..

I loved the difference but I used a Sunfire home theater amplifier so each channel was from the same amp. As previously stated, the only issue would be matching the gain with two different amps. Many people do use tube / panels and SS / woofer.

This is old, but I just want to throw my hat in the ring and confirm that when I had my Vistas, the improvement in sound from bi-amping (I was actually using 4 channels of my 5 channel Adcom amplifier) was dramatic.

That said, I still didn't like the Vistas enough to keep them, I bought them to audition. I now want Vantages or Spires. (Or cheap used Summits) ... The crossover point was just too high for me.

Latest posts

Back