Best Amp to Drive CLS I's????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx guys!.

Just got the Pass X1 pre today...I was abit underwhelmed out of the box, when compared to the crappy preamp I was listening to, it sounded very tube like but also didnt sound as open...but then after about 30 minutes everything changed(ok, the preamp was prob 40 degrees as its cold here and I brought it home straight from UPS)...sounded very open, airy yet detailed, massive soundstage...but the bass was alot more controlled as if crossover was set at 100Hz.

Listening to Dire Straits never sounded so good in this room...only other time I have heard Dire straits this good was at a dealer running Spectral and Avalon Radian speakers with great cables and room treatments.

Great rec's by you guys turning me onto Pass gear...have never heard SS amp/pre sound so tube like without rolling off the highs...songs from Norah Jones(dont know why) and Holly Cole(dont wanna grow up) lost all the lisp sounds I heard from old preamp.

Latest posts

Back