...because it's what's on the inside that counts.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARC LS-25 LIne Stage & ARC Classic 120 Mono Block

Attachments

• ARC LS-25 002 (Medium).jpg
    ARC LS-25 002 (Medium).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 815
  • ARC_CL120 (Medium).jpg
    ARC_CL120 (Medium).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 762
BAT VK-30se and BAT VK-500

Attachments

• VK-500large.jpg
    VK-500large.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 780
  • vk30se.jpg
    vk30se.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,235
Hi,
My guess would be as relay drivers. I count 8 relays on the rear PCB, and 11 on the main PCB (they're black and slightly larger than the IC's).

Peter

Interesting, I was thinking that maybe they could be part of an auto-bias adjustment for the tubes.... but your guess sounds more realistic ;)

This baby started out as a basic American Standard 'Plese' but has been heavily "modded" with 'Flux Capacitors' and the much praised 'Fluid Magic Regulator', not to mention ported and polished venturis to boot !!

"Courtesy Flushes" are a thing of the past !!

Ewwww....!!

Here is the inside of my Parasound Halo P3 preamp, this was the first item purchased for my current setup..... and the first one to be upgraded :(

2hehoia.jpg

Here I have the inside of my Arcam Alpha 8se Cd player.... and the removable/upgradeable DAC module.

2lc30c6.jpg

4ht0vet.jpg

Here we see the interior of my Beloved Forte 6a amplifier. They don't make em like this anymore ;)

The point-to-point wires were all Monster, the image is a little deceiving, the toroid is as big as my open hand and about 5 inches tall.

2v28coj.jpg

Finally, I have the interior shot of the Forte F50 DAC. I have the Stereophile issue (ca. 1992) where Robert Harley reviewed it, he didn't like it but Jim found the measurements to be exceptional.

It is quite interesting that there are chips with the labels rubbed off.... I thought this was a previous owner's doing....until I read the Stereophile review and he mentioned this....but he called the designer and he told him what all of the parts were, Phillips DACs.

I do not think too many companies has dual power supplies in their DACs when this was released.

35auo2g.jpg

Robin,

Can you find a pic of the inside of the Rotel RB-1090? Love to see the guts of my big boy w/o taking him apart. Now that I have read the specs I am most impressed. 700W into 4 ohms! NOT BAD! I do like the sound too...touch harsh on top maybe, but that is part the speakers I am using (Prodigy) that can REALLY produce that and my room is overly bright as well...

Looks like I will have the MBL 101a models here sometime next week. Will probably try hooking them up to the system setting them in front of the Prodigy for a bit just to see what they are like, then probably become Zone 2 speakers for awhile...

Robin,

Can you find a pic of the inside of the Rotel RB-1090? Love to see the guts of my big boy w/o taking him apart. Now that I have read the specs I am most impressed. 700W into 4 ohms! NOT BAD! I do like the sound too...touch harsh on top maybe, but that is part the speakers I am using (Prodigy) that can REALLY produce that and my room is overly bright as well...

Looks like I will have the MBL 101a models here sometime next week. Will probably try hooking them up to the system setting them in front of the Prodigy for a bit just to see what they are like, then probably become Zone 2 speakers for awhile...
rb1090no1.jpg

Joey, I was looking at that picture, and that 1090 has the main reservoir capacitors removed, thats one reason why the wires are all over. It's no a fair photo :)

rb1090.jpg

Joey, I was looking at that picture, and that 1090 has the main reservoir capacitors removed, thats one reason why the wires are all over. It's no a fair photo :)

Not nearly as clean as that BAT! I guess that is the difference in cost right there!

Some very nice pics in this thread! :drool:

Minimum parts count appeals to me, too. My D-200s monoblocks are mostly toroid and elcos. On-chip parts do not count because they are integrated ;).
D200i.jpg

Back