Bad lcd bulb symptoms?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeratheart

Reaction score
I have searched this forum, and another, and online in general without really finding my answer. I have a rear projection Mits 62 LCD HDTV. About 4-5 years old. No idea how many hours on the bulb. It seems to be going south. Colors not quite as vibrant and "true". Also, seems like there may be a loss of clarity too. Any info, anyone else see slow changes in bulbs like this or do I have a possible other issue happening here?

Thanks,
Ben

You have a DLP tv, not an LCD. The changes you're describing are definitely bulb decay symptoms.

I have looked up bulbs and they even have model numbers that match DLP bulbs, (lamp cartridges?) but my owner's guide says LCD. So I'm confused now.

I think it is a WD 62531. But when I look up the model number for the bulb listed in the OG, the replacement says DLP bulb. Do LCD and DLP tvs use the same bulb? I know nothing about the specifics of those technologies. Thanks for the help!

Ben

Give Mitsubishi tech support a call. They have a policy of providing one free replacement bulb. I'm not sure it will apply to yours considering the age, but it's worth a shot.

Doesn't look like Mitsubishi is going to give me a bulb. That's understandable. It is old. However, my tv is compatable up to 1080i. The guy on the phone in customer relations told me the tv is a plug and play device and that it will do 1080P as long as the signal coming to it is 1080P. I didn't believe it. Is that really true?

Side note, the bulb for my tv from Mitsubishi is $239.00. :eek:

Not ordering that one.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Ben

Doesn't look like Mitsubishi is going to give me a bulb. That's understandable. It is old. However, my tv is compatable up to 1080i. The guy on the phone in customer relations told me the tv is a plug and play device and that it will do 1080P as long as the signal coming to it is 1080P. I didn't believe it. Is that really true?

Side note, the bulb for my tv from Mitsubishi is $239.00. :eek:

Not ordering that one.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Ben

Your lucky, the bulb for my Sony was $999.00, but it was a really good bulb:D

Back