AVR Settings

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidH

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Lately I have been scouring the forums and online looking for the best settings for my system. I am trying to get the Crossovers sett correct and any other setting to tweak the speakers for the best sound. I ran Audessy but do not care for the results. It sets the Sub at -12 Db.

I looked at the speakers Frequency rating and set the crossovers to those specs. However I had the Thawp sound again (see post on Thawp http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?15070-Loud-Thwap-Sound-From-Movie ). Can someone give me a list of settings to use for my speakers? Please only comment settings if you truly know what you are talking about. I am still a Rookie!

Recevier: Denon 2313
Motion 40 Fronts
Motion 30 Center
Dynamo 500

The room is a larger room, lets say 20x30 and the back opens into kitchen. Please if you would list what you think the best settings would be.

David, if Audyssey set your sub to -12 (Max range), then you have the sub turned up way to loud relative to the other speakers. No wonder it's bottoming out.

If you want more bass, then get another sub. Not only will the output of the two be higher, if placed correctly, can actually reduce room modes (boomy bass or big nulls).

As for recommended crossover settings, here goes:

Motion 40 Fronts - 70Hz
Motion 30 Center - 90 Hz
Dynamo 500 - LFE high pass 120Hz (the processor will send everything below the other speakers crossovers + LFE to the sub)
Surrounds - 90Hz

Back