Audion Silver Nights MkII - any experiences?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-chauffeur

Reaction score
Guys

I've got my eye on a pair of MkII Silver Nights that have been modified by the addition of Border Patrol powers supplies (which almost double their value, apparently).

Before I go and do something stupid, I was wondering if any of you have any experience of these amps, and how they sound with 'Logans (Ascents in particular).

Thanks for any help.

Neil

After perusing the specs of the stock units I vote NO, in fact I say H*ll NO, they won't, based on the specs, have the current drive or the umph, to drive the any Logans. Just my opinion based on the specs, YMMV.

Thanks Ris

That kinda surprises me, given the Ascent's 90db sensitivity rating. I would've thought that was enough not to overload the amps... although I have to say that the compatability between amps and speakers has always kinda confused me.

I maybe should also mention that my living space isn't huge, so it's not like I need huge power reserves - its more the quality of sound I'm looking for. Trouble is, they're too far away for me to go and try out.

Neil

Latest posts

Back