a'SPIRE'ation has come to Fruition !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are at the same positition as were my Vantage's, 3 1/2 ft from wall.
And Dave's Vantages sounded very good too.

If you have not been to Dave's to hear his setup, then trying to determine what it sounds like or how he should change "based solely" on a picture is crazy.

nice to see they arrived in good shape. don't they have a great look about them I love the 10' drivers and bigger panels what a difference.the first thing I noticed is the mellow sound.

And Dave's Vantages sounded very good too.

Dan , I have actually moved the speakers out six inches further since the last time you and Erik were here. But as you know I have my "office" at the other end of the room so I think I am about as far as I can reasonably go. I do agree though ideally 4-6 ft would be superb.

Also as you and Erik know, that God awfull carpet still remains ! LOL ! but, once I get my butt 'in gear' and replace it, the room will get a complete make over which hopefully I can better utilize space at the office end, thus allowing more "audio room" !!

the first thing I noticed is the mellow sound.

Fish, IMO, that's the woofer still in need of 'run-in' time, for as seamless as the new ESL / hybrid line of Logans is, that "seamless transition" takes break-in as we all know.......'bout 500 hrs, right Bernard ?? LOL !!

He's probably posting here while running his Spires in, as (gasp!) background music!

Looks great, Dave. And sounding better and better, I'm sure. I have to agree with Jonfo, though. A full-range absorption trap behind each speaker, and the detail, clarity, and soundstage will knock your socks off.

I listened to my spires this morning for an hour and they sounded so so smooth.
some people need a cup of coffee before work I prefer my Logans before I start the day.

Really pleased for you Dave. Substantially better than the Vs, I think you'll find. Tell us which you like best with them - the Plinius or the Rogue's.

I think they're ugly, pooly positioned, will cause too many synergy issues with your other components and will take entirely too long to break in.

Dave you best repackage them and send them out here to me in Denver to properly dispose of them for you.

:devil:

Seriously buddy, enjoy yet another bout of re-discovering your music collection and once settled in, good luck wiping the smile off your face. I hope Shirley has enough to keep her busy because she won't be spending much time with you short term.

Didn't want to go through Overture, Dave?

Kinda surprised.

Several reasons Erik, first off Terry has been having somewhat of a ****ing match with M/L and quite frankly I think he's been handling it like a spoiled brat, it gets more complicated than that, I'll fill you in when I see / talk to you.

Secondly, I liked the idea of supporting a vendor that actually supports US !!

I think they're ugly, pooly positioned, will cause too many synergy issues with your other components and will take entirely too long to break in.

don't forget they sound like "chit" too !!

I hope Shirley has enough to keep her busy because she won't be spending much time with you short term.

Who ????? LOL !!

I have to agree with Jonfo, though. A full-range absorption trap behind each speaker, and the detail, clarity, and soundstage will knock your socks off.

Rich / Jon, I concur, my son will be home for X-mas, so hopefully I can get his help in putting something together. I have plenty of Mineral wool and other fabric from my previous corner trap projects.

I was actually thinking about totally covering the area behind the curtians to start with.

Rich / Jon, I concur, my son will be home for X-mas, so hopefully I can get his help in putting something together. I have plenty of Mineral wool and other fabric from my previous corner trap projects.

I was actually thinking about totally covering the area behind the curtians to start with.

Sounds like polishing a turd to me. Best you offload them to me as suggested earlier.

Sounds like polishing a turd to me. Best you offload them to me as suggested earlier.

Tim, just got home from a Holiday gathering............ Bombay Saphire was flowing quite nicely i might add, I'm reading your post, laughing
...... oh hell, I'm going to bed.......

Tim, just got home from a Holiday gathering............ Bombay Saphire was flowing quite nicely i might add, I'm reading your post, laughing
...... oh hell, I'm going to bed.......

LOL I heard that Bombay stuff is quite pure, and you don't have a hangover the next day! Must try it, and if it partners my Mls then whover distributes the booze in the UK will do a roaring trade.

Fish, IMO, that's the woofer still in need of 'run-in' time, for as seamless as the new ESL / hybrid line of Logans is, that "seamless transition" takes break-in as we all know.......'bout 500 hrs, right Bernard ?? LOL !!

My panels need 60-80 hours run in, well that's what ML told me. They came back from Absolute Sounds last Wed 3rd. had about 25 hours so far.

Latest posts

Back