Are there better ML speakers than the Sequel?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I'm gonna start by upgrading my amp and pre. From doing alot of reading, people with logans seem to like tube pres. My usage is about 80% 2 channel music and 20 % HT.

Does anybody have a recommendations on separates, 5 channel amp and tube pre, used, in the price range of about 3K that would be compatible with other ML speakers should I decide to upgrade my mains in the future and use the sequels for the rears. I presently have a polk center and a Bic-100 sub. My would like to use the digital out of the cd/dvd player, so the pre would have to have good DAC's.

I also need the pre to be able to let me use the sub for 2 channel listening. I don't know if that is hard to do. I'm not that experienced as you guys. There seem to be so many options, my head is kind of spinning.

You are right both are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics w/ us!

To heck with the audio system. After seeing those pics, I'm thinking it's time to upgrade both my car and my wife! :p

Just kidding, of course. Kind of.

You might be on to something there. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Money better spent?

To heck with the audio system. After seeing those pics, I'm thinking it's time to upgrade both my car and my wife! :p

Just kidding, of course. Kind of.

LOL! Me too!! :D

Don't tell my wife though, it will ruin our 18th wedding anniversary tomorrow! LOL!!! :haha1:

Well, I just got a Sunfire Cinema Grand 200 by 5 amp and wow, what a difference. Right now I'm going out of my cheap cd player into a Benchmark DAC-1 coax then straight into the amp. No pre yet.

I also just ordered a Nuforce AVP 16 for HT use. I haven't gotten that yet but am searching for a 2 channel pre. I hear alot about the ARC sp-16 and Modright. Am looking to spend about 1500. Any others I should consider?

As far a cables go, I ordered some Belden's from Markertek. Not expensive, I know, but I gotta start somewhere.

I hope I don't get Joeyitis, I hear it's very contagious. Am feeling slightly feverish, though.

Chris

Last edited:
I haven't gotten that yet but am searching for a 2 channel pre. I hear alot about the Cary sp-16 and Modright. Am looking to spend about 1500. Any others I should consider?
You can pick up some nice equipment used in that price range. Cary and Modwright like you state...also ARC (Audio Research) would be another consideration.

Back