Are ML Speakers still Paired?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cayman

Reaction score
Hello,

Every ML speaker set that I have had so far had been paired at the factory and the serial number of the speaker it is paired with written on each other's box.

Is this still the practice?

Appreciate if someone who purchased a pair of Masterpiece Series speakers recently can help me as this is very urgent.

I tried calling ML in Lawrence this morning to check this but couldn't get through to anyone in sales (option 3) or Support (Option 2).

A quick response is highly appreciate.

This WAS the practice when ML's were being produced in Kansas. Now that they are being made in Canada and/or overseas, I'm not sure.

This WAS the practice when ML's were being produced in Kansas. Now that they are being made in Canada and/or overseas, I'm not sure.

Thanks Tom.

ML just returned my call and mentioned that they do not pair them anymore, unless it is a special order and they want to match the wood grain.

I don't think pairing is a critical issue nowadays. Years ago, when a group of us toured the Kansas factory (before manufacturing moved to Canada), we observed their final QC testing (running a frequency sweep in special anechoic chamber). As long as each speaker meets or exceeds their tight performance specs (which they should, as long as there is extreme consistency in panel production), they should work well as a pair. I'm sure they build large batches of panels every day, then just grab one "off the rack" during actual speaker assembly. Likewise for the electronics, so having "matching serial number pairs" would only be relevant for custom finishes.

BTW, if we can get a handful of folks interested in attending the TAVES Show (Oct 12-14), perhaps we could arrange a side trip to tour the ML/Paradigm/Anthem factory (both in [FONT=&quot]Mississauga, Ontario).[/FONT]

Last edited:
BTW, if we can get a handful of folks interested in attending the TAVES Show (Oct 12-14), perhaps we could arrange a side trip to tour the ML/Paradigm/Anthem factory (both in [FONT="]Mississauga, Ontario).[/FONT]

I went through about 2 years ago and it was great! About 3 hours long at the time. They have a great media room - Atmos etc. lots of good demos, Saw the testing chamber - which is actually a separate building within a building, all the wood manufacturing, paint process - at the time they just got in a robot for initial finishing, saw all the electronics, at the time they were just coming out with the new Persona speakers with Beryllium speakers - actually saw the first set just before CEDIA, saw the manufacture of the speakers and how hard it is to work with Beryllium, saw them putting on film for 13a's, saw the new Illusion center channel that was also to be shown at CEDIA, they have small real world listening rooms so they can hear what the speakers sound like in a home environment plus a lot more. It was a great tour!

Alan, good idea for another factory tour. Depending on my schedule, I'd love to do it again and meet up with old and new friends from the MLOC. Maybe start a dedicated thread for that and see how many we can sign up.

GW1800, thanks for the summary of your tour, sounds like a great experience, glad you enjoyed it.

Alan, good idea for another factory tour. Depending on my schedule, I'd love to do it again and meet up with old and new friends from the MLOC. Maybe start a dedicated thread for that and see how many we can sign up...

Hah! Right after I posted the factory tour suggestion, one of our kids picked the following weekend for their wedding date! So, 2018 is out for me. However, I'm game for 2019 (barring any other surprises)!

Can I join you guys on the factory tour. I know a few people working there plus I only live about 20min. from the factory. Have never been on the tour though.

Big changes will come to my system as we just finished a kitchen and first floor reno. Next is my HT.

Back