Anyone see the musical guest on SNL over the weekend?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Saturday Night Live's musical guest was a band called "Kings of Leon". Never heard of them, but WOW.... they were good.. The lead singer has such soul in his voice.

I googled them and see they are from Tennessee and have their 4th album coming out! They are not big here in the US, but evidentally are big in the UK....

Hmmm.

Anyone here into them?

Yeah Tom, I'd second what Diamonds said, although I would say that their current release is my favorite.

The current issue of Stereophile has a feature article on them as well.

There are 3 brothers and a cousin in the band. The brothers dad was a traveling Petecostal preacher named Leon, hence the name "Kings of Leon". The article in Stereophile is pretty funny. The oldest brother (the drummer) apparently got into a fight with the brother who is the lead singer and main songwriter for the band. Messed him up pretty good, to the point where he had to have shoulder surgery. He wrote the current album while under the influence of heavy duty pain killers and can't even remember writing most of the songs!?!

Last edited:
thanks for the info.. I also see that they are coming to San Francisco for 2 nights at the Warfield next month.. Unfortunately I'll be in New York and then Puerto Vallarta, so I won't be able to catch them live.

Be sure to check "Molly's Chambers" - the only track I really liked from the album I bought, a good few years ago, but it IS a goodie.

Back