Anyone here using Montage for home theater?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hola...you can Google for reviews... here is what at the end of the review from SoundVision said..."BOTTOM LINE While I didn't quite hear the magic you'll find even in MartinLogan's entry-level electrostatics, the Montage does offer impressive imaging and a taste of the detail and transparency that can be found at higher prices. Mate a pair with the Dynamo sub and the Vignette center and surround speakers, and you get a first-class home theater system that can compete with anything in its price range. As a few filmmakers have discovered, sometimes Jim will do nicely if Tom is out of your budget"... they are a great speaker for the price... happy listening,
Roberto.

Hello,
I briefly used a pair of Montages in my HT where I use Vantages for Mains, Stage Center Channel, Vista as Surrounds and Descent i and Depth Subwoofers. I still have my Montages, but they are currently not hooked up. They really did fine as Surrounds and I imagine would make fine Mains, but would view the use of a Subwoofer as compulsory.

The Ribbon Tweeters are nice, but lack the magic of Electrostats. Since the Montage Review, Stereophile has not Reviewed a single ML Product whereas ML's were all over the pages of Stereophile in the past. If memory serves, the Prodigy was even Stereophiles Speaker of the Year about a decade ago.
Cheers,
JJ

The martin logan cinema paired perfectly with the the Montage but my room is large might need to upgrade to Electromotion

Back